Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Lose Weight - Of Course You Can Do It Too





Lose weight in 10 days

You Can Do It!
By Michelle Murphy



Five years ago, I lost fifty pounds. It took 6 months, and a total lifestyle makeover, but I did it! I honestly believe that anyone is capable of getting down to a healthy weight, and staying there. You have to believe in yourself, and don't let other people hold you back.


Two things have to happen. You do have to get some exercise on a regular basis, and you have to learn how to eat a healthy diet.


I started to lose weight because of stress. We were in the middle of putting an addition on our home, and things weren't going well. I had been going through the motions of walking on the treadmill for 20 minutes a day, you know, to show the world I was attempting to be healthy. I hadn't taken off any baby weight, though. ( The baby was four years old by that the time.)


So, anyway, one night, I was very stressed about the outcome of our work, the builder wasn't making his deadline, which meant we were going to lose the sheetrock company, and the great deal that came with it!! The walking wasn't helping me feel any better. In a moment of anger, I turned up the treadmill to a running pace. I had to turn it down after 3 minutes, but I did the same thing again 3 minutes later. Then I did it again. Amazingly enough, when I got off the treadmill twenty-two minutes later, I really felt better!


So I did the same thing the next night. And I kept it up. The running periods kept getting longer. A month later, I realized that my pants had gotten very loose. ( We also had walls!) I went out and bought a scale. I thought maybe I was on to something and started to watch my diet. I ate Egg Beaters with toast and fruit for breakfast, and a healthy mix of protein and carbs for lunch and dinner. I added more fruits and vegetables to our meals, using the "Divide by 4" method. If I imagined my plate in four sections, one would be protein, one would be grains, and two would be fruits and vegetables. Eating a big salad with dinner fills me up.


I also stopped eating leftovers from my kids plates. I decided that going to my hips was no better than going in the garbage! I still turn to fruit for snacking, especially times when I know I'm not hungry, like TV time. I used to snack the whole time I was fixing dinner. When I caught myself doing that I realized I was really hungry, so I'd eat a piece of fruit.


I have pretty much broken that habit.


The biggest change I made was to listen to my body. I really don't have to clean my plate. I started this process by leaving 3-4 bites on my plate, purposely. It worked. I learned to tell the difference between being satisfied and stuffed. I enjoy what I eat ans stop when I feel full, even if it means pausing part way through the meal for a break. I put my fork down for a couple of minutes and think about whether I want more. Usually I'm done.


Nowadays I look forward to my workouts as time to refresh. I eat healthy for the most part, I do enjoy treats from time to time. I know what I want to splurge on and I make the most of it! I really believe anyone can do this. You have to make your health a priority and in your life, and then begin to make the first few changes. Everything else will begin to fall into place for you! I still turn to fruit for snacking, especially times when I know I'm not hungry, like TV time.


by Michelle


http://michelle292.bezoogle.com/pp/weight-loss/


Article Source: http://EzineArticles.com/?expert=Michelle_Murphy
http://EzineArticles.com/?You-Can-Do-It!&id=1336757




Lose weight in 10 days

Thank you for reading this article; looking for some amazing ways to lose weight, please see my other blogs for suggestions, tips and ideas for healthy weight fat loss

No comments: